The purpose of this page is to help you be more connected to global health issues. Community Health is directly related to global issues. Each local community is affected in some way by global health issues. A community’s needs and health initiatives are dependent upon the global / local economy, research in health, natural disasters, and politics.
Check out the following ways that community health needs are being met:
1. “Trade as One”
2. ABC’s “Change A Life”
3. Health in Haiti a Year Later
4. Water For Missions
5. Samaritan’s Purse
6. Compassion International
7. Haiti One Year Later (by AmericaCare)
8. Malaria No More
9. Save Darfur – The Save Darfur Coalition raises awareness about the genocide in Darfur and mobilizes a unified response to the atrocities that threaten the people of Darfur.
10. Nothing But Nets – Malaria kills. Send a net. Save a life. Together we can cover a continent.
11. World Vision – Tips for journalists reporting on breaking international news, disasters or humanitarian issues–from the news desk of a leading NGO.
12. World Vision USA
13. Food for the Hungry – Food for the Hungry is an international relief and development organization that answers God’s call to meet the physical and spiritual need of the impoverished.
14. Christopher Gaudette – Creating a global network of contributors who make it their business to have a significant impact on the world hunger issue.
15. Freedom from Hunger – Freedom from Hunger brings innovative and sustainable self-help solutions to the fight against chronic hunger and poverty.
16. ActionAgainstHunger – Working to save the lives of severely malnourished children and adults while seeking long-term solutions through self-sustaining programs.
17. World Concern – We are a humanitarian non-profit providing community development and disaster response in Africa, Asia, and the Americas.
18. Mission Doctors – MDA is dedicated to recruiting, training, sending and supporting Catholic doctors and their families to serve at mission hospitals and clinics around the world.
19. CatholicRelief – Catholic Relief Services is the official int’l humanitarian agency of the U.S. Catholic community. We alleviate suffering; we help people in need
20. World Relief – World Relief exists to empower the local Church to serve the most vulnerable. We envision the most vulnerable transformed economically, socially, & spiritually.
21. Habitat for Humanity – Habitat for Humanity International is a Christian ministry that welcomes to its work all people dedicated to the cause of eliminating poverty housing.
22. Mercy Corps turns crisis into opportunity for families in some of the world’s toughest places.
23. Future of Haiti – For all of those interested in the Future of Haiti
24. UNHaitiInfo New York, NY USA – Info source for United Nations community, family and friends of UN staff and operations in Haiti.
25. Teens mad for Rawanda – against genocide
26. Living Water Int’l – LWI exists to demonstrate the love of God by helping communities acquire clean water, and to experience “living water”—the gospel of Jesus Christ.
27. Blood:Water Mission – Blood:Water Mission is a grassroots organization that empowers communities to work together against the AIDS and water crises.
28. Save the Children – Save the Children is the leading independent organization creating lasting change for children in need in the United States and around the world.
29. End Slavery Now is a 501(c)(3) charitable nonprofit. Our mission is to end slavery in our lifetime.
30. DoSomething.org – DoSomething.org helps young people rock causes they care about.
31. GOOD – GOOD is a collaboration of individuals, businesses, and npo’s pushing the world forward. We make a website, magazine, and videos for people who care.
32. TinyHands – from Lincoln, Nebraska – stopping the world wide human trafficking activity. (http://www.tinyhandsinternational.org/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=1&Itemid=7)
33. Hands in Nepal – Building schools for Nepal students.
34. Possibilities Africa – Helping families build small business opportunities in Africa
35. Lutheran World Relief – Projects involving water, agriculture, education, emergencies throughout the world.
36. Doctors Without Borders – Connecting health professionals to global needs
37. Restore International – Helping Improve Uganda
38. The A21 Campaign – A Global Movement to Stop Human Slavery, including a high school curriculum
39. Orphan’s Hope
40. Elevate People – a Kearney, Nebraska based nonprofit that ’empowers people who in turn empower people.”